GnRH Associated Peptide (GAP) (1-13), human
|(Synonyms: H2N-Asp-Ala-Glu-Asn-Leu-Ile-Asp-Ser-Phe-Gln-Glu-Ile-Val-OH ) Catalog No.: GP10043|
Inhibitor of prolactin secretion
Products are for research use only. Not for human use. We do not sell to patients.
Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
GlpBio Products Cited In Reputable Papers
The cloned complementary DNA sequence encoding the human gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) precursor protein was used to construct an expression vector for the bacterial synthesis of the 56-amino acid GnRH-associated peptide (GAP). GAP was found to be a potent inhibitor of prolactin secretion and to stimulate the release of gonadotropins. Active immunization with peptides corresponding to GAP sequences led to greatly increased prolactin secretion.
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) is known and named for its essential role in vertebrate reproduction. Release of this decapeptide from neurons in the hypothalamus controls pituitary gonadotropin levels that, in turn, regulate the gonadal state. The importance of GnRH is underscored by its widespread expression and conservation across vertebrate taxa. Also, GnRH-associated peptide (GAP) is co-secreted with GnRH into the hypophyseal portal bloodstream.
1. K?roly Nikolics,, Anthony J. Mason, ?va Sznyi, J. Ramachandran & Peter H. Seeburg, A prolactin-inhibiting factor within the precursor for human gonadotropin-releasing hormone, Nature 316, 511-517 (8 August 1985) doi:10.1038/316511a0
2. White SA, Kasten TL, Bond CT, Adelman JP, Fernald RD. Three gonadotropin-releasing hormone genes in one organism suggest novel roles for an ancient peptide. Proc Natl Acad SciUSA 92: 8363-8367, 1995.
3. Tianbao Song, Karoly Nikolics, Peter H. Seeburg, Paul C. Goldsmith, GnRH-prohormone-containing neurons in the primate brain: Immunostaining for the GnRH-Associated peptide, Peptides, Volume 8, Issue 2, March-April 1987, Pages 335-346
4. Ronchi E. ? Aoki C. ? Krey L.C. ? Pfaff D.W.
Immunocytochemical Study of GnRH and GnRH-Associated Peptide in Male Syrian Hamsters as a Function of Photoperiod and Gonadal Alterations, Neuroendocrinology 1992;55:134-145 (DOI:10.1159/000126108)
5. I.J. Clarke, J.T. Cummins, F.J. Karsch, P.H. Seeburg, K. Nikolics,GnRH-associated peptide (GAP) is cosecreted with GnRH into the hypophyseal portal blood of ovariectomized sheep, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 143, Issue 2, 13 March 1987, Pages 665-671
|Chemical Name||GnRH Associated Peptide (GAP) (1-13), human|
|Solubility||≥74.6mg/mL in DMSO||Storage||Store at -20°C|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice
All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request
In vivo Formulation Calculator (Clear solution)
Step 1: Enter information below (Recommended: An additional animal making an allowance for loss during the experiment)
Step 2: Enter the in vivo formulation (This is only the calculator, not formulation. Please contact us first if there is no in vivo formulation at the solubility Section.)
Working concentration: mg/ml;
Method for preparing DMSO master liquid: mg drug pre-dissolved in μL DMSO ( Master liquid concentration mg/mL, Please contact us first if the concentration exceeds the DMSO solubility of the batch of drug. )
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next addμL PEG300, mix and clarify, next addμL Tween 80, mix and clarify, next add μL saline, mix and clarify.
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next add μL Corn oil, mix and clarify.
Note: 1. Please make sure the liquid is clear before adding the next solvent.
2. Be sure to add the solvent(s) in order. You must ensure that the solution obtained, in the previous addition, is a clear solution before proceeding to add the next solvent. Physical methods such as vortex, ultrasound or hot water bath can be used to aid dissolving.
3. All of the above co-solvents are available for purchase on the GlpBio website.
Molecular Weight Calculator
Average Rating: 5(Based on Reviews and 30 reference(s) in Google Scholar.)
GLPBIO products are for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Please make sure your review or question is research based.
Required fields are marked with *