Malonyl Coenzyme A (lithium salt)
Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
GlpBio Products Cited In Reputable Papers
Malonyl coenzyme A is a coenzyme A derivative that is used in fatty acid and polyketide synthesis and in the transport of α-ketoglutarate across the mitochondrial membrane.1,2 Malonyl-CoA is formed by acetyl-CoA carboxylase-mediated carboxylation of acetyl-CoA 1 Fatty acid synthase catalyzes the NADPH-dependent condensation of malonyl-CoA and acetyl-CoA to produce palmitate. Proliferating human cancer cells upregulate this fatty acid synthesis pathway as a strategy for survival. High levels of malonyl-CoA, achieved through fatty acid synthase inhibition, have been proposed to contribute to cancer cell apoptosis.3 Manlonyl-CoA is exclusively used as the extender unit in the synthesis of bacterial aromatic polyketides.2,4
1. Hiltunen, J.K., Autio, K.J., Schonauer, M.S., et al. Mitochondrial fatty acid synthesis and respiration Biochim.Biophys.Acta. 1797(6-7), 1195-1202 (2010).
2. Summers, R.G., Ali, A., Shen, B., et al. Malonyl-coenzyme A:Acyl carrier protein acyltransferase of Streptomyces glaucescens: A possible link between fatty acid and polyketide biosynthesis Biochem. 34(29), 9389-9402 (1995).
3. Pizer, E.S., Thupari, J., Han, W.F., et al. Malonyl-coenzyme-A is a potential mediator of cytotoxicity induced by fatty-acid synthase inhibition in human breast cancer cells and xenografts Cancer Research 60, 213-218 (2000).
4. Zhan, J. Biosynthesis of bacterial aromatic polyketides Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry 9(17), 1598-1610 (2009).
|Chemical Name||S-(hydrogen propanedioate) coenzyme A, lithium salt|
|Formula||C24H38N7O19P3S • XLi||M.Wt||860.5|
|Solubility||PBS (pH 7.2): 10 mg/ml||Storage||Store at -20°C|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice
All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request
In vivo Formulation Calculator (Clear solution)
Step 1: Enter information below (Recommended: An additional animal making an allowance for loss during the experiment)
Step 2: Enter the in vivo formulation (This is only the calculator, not formulation. Please contact us first if there is no in vivo formulation at the solubility Section.)
Working concentration: mg/ml;
Method for preparing DMSO master liquid: mg drug pre-dissolved in μL DMSO ( Master liquid concentration mg/mL, Please contact us first if the concentration exceeds the DMSO solubility of the batch of drug. )
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next addμL PEG300, mix and clarify, next addμL Tween 80, mix and clarify, next add μL ddH2O, mix and clarify.
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next add μL Corn oil, mix and clarify.
Note: 1. Please make sure the liquid is clear before adding the next solvent.
2. Be sure to add the solvent(s) in order. You must ensure that the solution obtained, in the previous addition, is a clear solution before proceeding to add the next solvent. Physical methods such as vortex, ultrasound or hot water bath can be used to aid dissolving.
3. All of the above co-solvents are available for purchase on the GlpBio website.
Average Rating: 5(Based on Reviews and 3 reference(s) in Google Scholar.)
GLPBIO products are for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Please make sure your review or question is research based.
Required fields are marked with *