Melanocyte stimulating hormone release inhibiting factor
|Catalog No.: GP10066|
Melanocyte stimulating hormone release inhibiting factor (Melanostatin), an endogenous brain peptide, is a potent dopamine receptor allosteric modulator.
Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
GlpBio Products Cited In Reputable Papers
Melanocyte stimulating hormone release inhibiting factor,(C13H24N4O3), a tri-peptide with the sequence H2N-Pro-Leu-Gly-amide, MW= 284.35. Melanocyte-inhibiting factor (also known as Pro-Leu-Gly-NH2, Melanostatin, MSH release-inhibiting hormone or MIF-1) is an endogenous peptide fragment derived from cleavage of the hormone oxytocin, but having generally different actions in the body(1). MIF-1 produces multiple effects, both blocking the effects of opioid receptor activation(2), while at the same time acting as a positive allosteric modulator of the D2 and D4 dopamine receptor subtypes, as well as inhibiting release of other neuropeptides such as alpha-MSH, and potentiating melatonin activity(3). MIF-1 is unusually resistant to metabolism in the bloodstream, and crosses the blood–brain barrier easily, though it is poorly active orally and is usually injected.
Figure1 Formula of Melanocyte stimulating hormone release inhibiting factor
1. Celis ME, Taleisnik S, Walter R (July 1971). "Regulation of formation and proposed structure of the factor inhibiting the release of melanocyte-stimulating hormone". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 68 (7): 1428–33.
2. Contreras PC, Takemori AE (June 1984). "Effect of prolyl-leucyl-glycinamide and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone on levorphanol-induced analgesia, tolerance and dependence". Life Sciences 34 (26): 2559–66.
3. Sandyk R (May 1990). "MIF-induced augmentation of melatonin functions: possible relevance to mechanisms of action of MIF-1 inmovement disorders". The International Journal of Neuroscience 52 (1-2): 59–65.
|Solubility||≥ 59.1mg/mL in DMSO||Storage||Desiccate at -20°C|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice
All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request
In vivo Formulation Calculator (Clear solution)
Step 1: Enter information below (Recommended: An additional animal making an allowance for loss during the experiment)
Step 2: Enter the in vivo formulation (This is only the calculator, not formulation. Please contact us first if there is no in vivo formulation at the solubility Section.)
Working concentration: mg/ml;
Method for preparing DMSO master liquid: mg drug pre-dissolved in μL DMSO ( Master liquid concentration mg/mL, Please contact us first if the concentration exceeds the DMSO solubility of the batch of drug. )
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next addμL PEG300, mix and clarify, next addμL Tween 80, mix and clarify, next add μL ddH2O, mix and clarify.
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next add μL Corn oil, mix and clarify.
Note: 1. Please make sure the liquid is clear before adding the next solvent.
2. Be sure to add the solvent(s) in order. You must ensure that the solution obtained, in the previous addition, is a clear solution before proceeding to add the next solvent. Physical methods such as vortex, ultrasound or hot water bath can be used to aid dissolving.
3. All of the above co-solvents are available for purchase on the GlpBio website.
Average Rating: 5(Based on Reviews and 32 reference(s) in Google Scholar.)
GLPBIO products are for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Please make sure your review or question is research based.
Required fields are marked with *