Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
GlpBio Products Cited In Reputable Papers
β-Pompilidotoxin, (C71H124N22O17), a peptide with the sequence H2N-Arg
-Ile-Lys-Ile-Gly-Leu-Phe-Asp-Gln-Leu-Ser-Arg-Leu-amide, MW= 1557.88. Pompilidotoxin is a toxin from the venom of spider wasps that slows the inactivation of Na+channels. α-Pompilidotoxin (α-PMTX) can be extracted from the venom of a solitary wasp, Anopolis samariensis. β-Pompilidotoxin (β-PMTX) originates from the venom of another wasp, Batozonellus maculifrons(1). Homology α-PMTX has no structural homology with other toxins. It lacks disulfide bonds which are known to be present in other toxins acting on sodium channels, such as sea anemone toxins or scorpion toxins(2). Both α- and β-PMTX slow the inactivation of neuronal sodium channels (but not heart sodium channels), possibly by binding to the neurotoxin receptor site 3 on the extracellular surface of the sodium channel(3). β-PMTX has higher potency than α-PMTX. By slowing down the inactivation of sodium channels, PMTXs can potentiate synaptic transmission in the lobster neuromuscular endplate.
1. Konno K, Hisada M, Itagaki Y, Naoki H, Kawai N, Miwa A, Yasuhara T, Takayama H (1998). "Isolation and structure of pompilidotoxins, novel peptide neurotoxins in solitary wasp venoms". Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 250 (3): 612–6.
2. Sahara Y, Gotoh M, Konno K, Miwa A, Tsubokawa H, Robinson HP, Kawai N (2000). "A new class of neurotoxin from wasp venom slows inactivation of sodium current". Eur J Neurosci. 12 (6): 1961–70.
3. Kawai N, Konno K (2004). "Molecular determinants of two neurotoxins that regulate sodium current inactivation in rat hippocampal neurons". Neurosci Lett. 361 (1-3): 44–6.
|Solubility||≥ 155.8mg/mL in DMSO||Storage||Desiccate at -20°C|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice
All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request
In vivo Formulation Calculator (Clear solution)
Step 1: Enter information below (Recommended: An additional animal making an allowance for loss during the experiment)
Step 2: Enter the in vivo formulation (This is only the calculator, not formulation. Please contact us first if there is no in vivo formulation at the solubility Section.)
Working concentration: mg/ml;
Method for preparing DMSO master liquid: mg drug pre-dissolved in μL DMSO ( Master liquid concentration mg/mL, Please contact us first if the concentration exceeds the DMSO solubility of the batch of drug. )
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next addμL PEG300, mix and clarify, next addμL Tween 80, mix and clarify, next add μL ddH2O, mix and clarify.
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next add μL Corn oil, mix and clarify.
Note: 1. Please make sure the liquid is clear before adding the next solvent.
2. Be sure to add the solvent(s) in order. You must ensure that the solution obtained, in the previous addition, is a clear solution before proceeding to add the next solvent. Physical methods such as vortex, ultrasound or hot water bath can be used to aid dissolving.
3. All of the above co-solvents are available for purchase on the GlpBio website.
Average Rating: 5(Based on Reviews and 2 reference(s) in Google Scholar.)
GLPBIO products are for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Please make sure your review or question is research based.
Required fields are marked with *