Estrogen receptors are a group of proteins found inside cells. They are receptors that are activated by the hormone estrogen (17β-estradiol). Two classes of estrogen receptor exist: ER, which is a member of the nuclear hormone family of intracellular receptors, and GPER (GPR30), which is a member of the rhodopsin-like family of G protein-coupled receptors. The ER's helix 12 domain plays a crucial role in determining interactions with coactivators and corepressors and, therefore, the respective agonist or antagonist effect of the ligand. Different ligands may differ in their affinity for alpha and beta isoforms of the estrogen receptor: estradiol binds equally well to both receptors, estrone, and raloxifene bind preferentially to the alpha receptor, estriol, and genistein to the beta receptor. Estrogen and its receptors are essential for sexual development and reproductive function, but also play a role in other tissues such as bone. Estrogen receptors are also involved in pathological processes including breast cancer, endometrial cancer, and osteoporosis. Alternative promoter usage and alternative splicing result in dozens of transcript variants, but the full-length nature of many of these variants has not been determined.
Products for Estrogen Receptor/ERR
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- GC40753 α-Zearalanol α-Zearalanol is an active metabolite formed by reduction of α-zearalenol, an estrogen receptor antagonist.
- GC34965 (20S)-Protopanaxatriol
- GC40643 (R)-Equol Equol is a non-steroidal estrogen produced from the metabolism of the isoflavonoid phytoestrogen daidzein by human intestinal microflora.
- GC38542 10β,17β-dihydroxyestra-1,4-dien-3-one
- GC13887 25(R)-27-hydroxy Cholesterol LXRα and LXRβ activator
- GC17803 4-Hydroxytamoxifen Estrogen receptor modulator
- GC18362 Acolbifene Acolbifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).
- GC33381 Arzoxifene hydrochloride (LY 353381 HCl)
- GC14405 AZD9496 estrogen receptor inhibitor, orally active
- GC35450 AZD9496 maleate
- GC17588 Bavachin estrogen receptors ERα and ERβ activator
- GC14883 Bazedoxifene Estrogen receptor modulator
- GC10852 Bazedoxifene acetate Estrogen receptor modulator
- GC33011 BHPI
- GC32782 Brilanestrant (ARN-810)
- GC17398 Cholesterol Major sterol in mammals
- GN10028 Chrysin Anti-inflammatory and antitumor reagent
- GC15366 Clomiphene citrate Selective estrogen receptor modulator
- GC10002 Coumestrol
- GC17688 Diarylpropionitrile(DPN) ERβ receptor agonist