|Catalog No.: GC18151|
Elafibranor (GFT505) (GFT505) is a PPARα/δ agonist with EC50s of 45 and 175 nM, respectively.
Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
GlpBio Products Cited In Reputable Papers
Quality Control & SDS
- View current batch:
- COA (Certificate Of Analysis)
- SDS (Safety Data Sheet)
GFT505 improves insulin sensitivity and early studies indicate it may be useful in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which is being tested in a Phase IIb study1. Elafibranor is well tolerated and does not cause weight gain or cardiac events, but does produce a mild, reversible increase in serum creatinine. Elafibranor improves insulin sensitivity, glucose homeostasis, and lipid metabolism and reduces inflammation2. GFT505 treatment improves glucose control and plasma lipids in diabetic db/db mice. A significant dose-dependent reduction of hepatic expression of the key gluconeogenic enzymes glucose 6-phosphatase (G6Pase), PEPCK, and fructose 1,6-bisphosphatase 1 (FBP1) is observed with GFT505. GFT505 does not induce cardiac adverse effects of PPARγ-activating agonists in monkeys3.
1. Liu ZM, et al. Early investigational drugs targeting PPAR-α for the treatment of metabolic disease.Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2015 May;24(5):611-21.
2. Ratziu V, et al. Elafibranor, an Agonist of the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-α and -δ, Induces Resolution of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Without Fibrosis Worsening. Gastroenterology. 2016 May;150(5):1147-1159.
3. Hanf R, et al. The dual peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/delta agonist GFT505 exerts anti-diabetic effects in db/db mice without peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-associated adverse cardiac effects.Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2014 No
|Chemical Name||(E)-2-(2,6-dimethyl-4-(3-(4-(methylthio)phenyl)-3-oxoprop-1-en-1-yl)phenoxy)-2-methylpropanoic acid|
|Solubility||DMSO : ≥ 33 mg/mL (85.83 mM)||Storage||Store at -20°C|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice
All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request
In vivo Formulation Calculator (Clear solution)
Step 1: Enter information below (Recommended: An additional animal making an allowance for loss during the experiment)
Step 2: Enter the in vivo formulation (This is only the calculator, not formulation. Please contact us first if there is no in vivo formulation at the solubility Section.)
Working concentration: mg/ml;
Method for preparing DMSO master liquid: mg drug pre-dissolved in μL DMSO ( Master liquid concentration mg/mL, Please contact us first if the concentration exceeds the DMSO solubility of the batch of drug. )
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next addμL PEG300, mix and clarify, next addμL Tween 80, mix and clarify, next add μL ddH2O, mix and clarify.
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next add μL Corn oil, mix and clarify.
Note: 1. Please make sure the liquid is clear before adding the next solvent.
2. Be sure to add the solvent(s) in order. You must ensure that the solution obtained, in the previous addition, is a clear solution before proceeding to add the next solvent. Physical methods such as vortex, ultrasound or hot water bath can be used to aid dissolving.
3. All of the above co-solvents are available for purchase on the GlpBio website.
Average Rating: 5(Based on Reviews and 22 reference(s) in Google Scholar.)
GLPBIO products are for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Please make sure your review or question is research based.
Required fields are marked with *