|Catalog No.: GC42959|
BODIPY 493/503 is a lipophilic fluorescent probe that localizes to polar lipids and can be used to label cellular neutral lipid contents, particularly those localized to lipid droplets, in live and fixed cells.
Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
- Life Sciences (2020): 118415. PMID:32931027
- Clin Transl Med 11.5 (2021): e411.
- Front Chem 9 (2021). PMID:34195177
- Pediatr Allergy Immunol (2022) PMID:34383332
- J Ethnopharmacol (2021): 114603. PMID:34496264
- Pediat Allerg Imm-UK (2021). PMID:34383332
- J Ethnopharmacol 282 (2022): 114603. PMID:34496264
- J Virol (2021): JVI-01473. PMID:34757839
- J Genet Genomics (2022). PMID:35032691
- Nano Today 43 (2022): 101416.
- J Clin Transl Hepato 000 (2022): 0-0.
- J Transl Med 20.1 (2022): 1-13. PMID:35568871
- Mech Ageing Dev (2022): 111688. PMID:35728631
- Environ Int (2022): 107413. PMID:35863238
- Cell Biol Toxicol (2022): 1-20. PMID:35877022
- Transl Cancer Res 11.8 (2022): 2607-2621. PMID:36093518
- PeerJ 10 (2022): e14033. PMID:36128191
Quality Control & SDS
- View current batch:
|Cell experiment :|
The stock solution of this compound can be prepared by dissolving 1.3 mg of the product in 1ml DMSO to a concentration of 5 mM. The staining solution can be prepared by diluting stock solution in PBS. 2 μM BODIPY staining solution can be prepared by diluting stock solution 1:2,500 in PBS.
Incubate in the dark for 15 min at 37 °C
This compound can be used as a stain for neutral lipds and as a tracer for oil and other nonpolar lipids.
. Qiu, M Celeste, & Simon. (2016). Bodipy 493/503 staining of neutral lipid droplets for microscopy and quantification by flow cytometry. Bio-protocol.
. Wen-Chung, H. , Ya-Ling, C. , Hui-Chia, L. , Shu-Ju, W. , & Chian-Jiun, L. . (2018). Ginkgolide c reduced oleic acid-induced lipid accumulation in hepg2 cells. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 26, S1319016418301452-.
. Karmann, S. , Follonier, Stéphanie, Bassas-Galia, M. , Panke, S. , & Zinn, M. . (2016). Robust at-line quantification of poly(3-hydroxyalkanoate) biosynthesis by flow cytometry using a bodipy 493/503-syto 62 double-staining. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 166-171.
BODIPY 493/503 is a lipophilic fluorescent probe that localizes to polar lipids and can be used to label cellular neutral lipid contents, particularly those localized to lipid droplets, in live and fixed cells., BODIPY 493/503 is compatible with epifluorescent, confocal, and two-photon microscopy, as well as flow cytometry. It displays excitation/emission maxima of 493/503 nm, respectively, and can be used for live and fixed cell applications.
. Listenberger, L.L., and Brown, D.G. Fluorescent Detection of Lipid Droplets and Associated Proteins. Curr. Protoc. Cell. Biol. Supplement 35, 24.22.21-24.22.11 (2007).
. Qiu, B., and Simon, M.C. BODIPY 493/503 staining of neutral lipid droplets for microscopy and quantification by flow cytometry. Bio. Protoc. 6(17), (2016).
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, Soluble in DMF, Soluble in Chloroform, Soluble in Methanol||Storage||Store at -20°C|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice
All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request
In vivo Formulation Calculator (Clear solution)
Step 1: Enter information below (Recommended: An additional animal making an allowance for loss during the experiment)
Step 2: Enter the in vivo formulation (This is only the calculator, not formulation. Please contact us first if there is no in vivo formulation at the solubility Section.)
Working concentration: mg/ml;
Method for preparing DMSO master liquid: mg drug pre-dissolved in μL DMSO ( Master liquid concentration mg/mL, Please contact us first if the concentration exceeds the DMSO solubility of the batch of drug. )
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next addμL PEG300, mix and clarify, next addμL Tween 80, mix and clarify, next add μL ddH2O, mix and clarify.
Method for preparing in vivo formulation: Take μL DMSO master liquid, next add μL Corn oil, mix and clarify.
Note: 1. Please make sure the liquid is clear before adding the next solvent.
2. Be sure to add the solvent(s) in order. You must ensure that the solution obtained, in the previous addition, is a clear solution before proceeding to add the next solvent. Physical methods such as vortex, ultrasound or hot water bath can be used to aid dissolving.
3. All of the above co-solvents are available for purchase on the GlpBio website.
Average Rating: 5(Based on Reviews and 15 reference(s) in Google Scholar.)
GLPBIO products are for RESEARCH USE ONLY. Please make sure your review or question is research based.
Required fields are marked with *