Mitophagy is the selective degradation of mitochondria by autophagy.
Mitochondria are essential organelles that regulate cellular energy homeostasis and cell death. The removal of damaged mitochondria through autophagy, a process called mitophagy, is thus critical for maintaining proper cellular functions. Indeed, mitophagy has been recently proposed to play critical roles in terminal differentiation of red blood cells, paternal mitochondrial degradation, neurodegenerative diseases, and ischemia or drug-induced tissue injury.
Autophagy and mitophagy are important cellular processes that are responsible for breaking down cellular contents, preserving energy and safeguarding against accumulation of damaged and aggregated biomolecules.
Products for Mitophagy
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- GC11720 17-AAG (KOS953) Hsp90 inhibitor
- GC10710 3-Methyladenine Class III PI3K inhibitor
- GC45356 5-Aminolevulinic Acid (hydrochloride)
- GC16267 6-Hydroxydopamine hydrobromide neurotoxin that destroys dopaminergic and noradrenergic (catecholaminergic) neurons
- GC10518 AICAR AMPK activator
- GC10580 AICAR phosphate AMPK activator
Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid)
Cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitor
Anti-HIV and antitumor compound,pentacyclic triterpenoid
- GC17683 Brefeldin A ATPase inhibitor
- GC17340 Carbamazepine Inhibitor of neuronal voltage-gated Na+ channels
- GC15083 Celastrol Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive agent
- GC32078 Clioquinol (Iodochlorhydroxyquin)
- GC14787 Curcumin Tyrosinase inhibitor
- GC40226 Curcumin-d6 Curcumin-d6 is intended for use as an internal standard for the quantification of curcumin by GC- or LC-MS.
- GC40775 Dexamethasone Dexamethasone is a synthetic glucocorticoid that binds the human glucocorticoid receptor with a higher affinity than a natural ligand, cortisol (Kd = 5 nM versus 17 nM, respectively).
IL Receptor modulator
- GC13443 Doxazosin Mesylate α1-adrenergic receptor antagonist
Topo II inhibitor,immunosuppresive antineoplastic antibiotic