TGF-β / Smad Signaling
Transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) is a multifunctional cytokine that regulates proliferation, migration, differentiation, and survival of many different cell types. Deletion or mutation of different members of the TGF-β family have been shown to cause vascular remodeling defect and absence of mural cell formation, leading to embryonic lethality or severe vascular disorders. TGF-β induces smooth muscle differentiation via Notch or SMAD2 and SMAD3 signaling in ES cells or in a neural crest stem cell line. TGF-β binds to TGF-βRI and to induce phosphorylation of SMAD2/3, thereby inhibiting proliferation, tube formation, and migration of endothelial cells (ECs).
TGF-β is a pluripotent cytokine with dual tumour-suppressive and tumour-promoting effects. TGF-β induces the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) leading to increased cell plasticity at the onset of cancer cell invasion and metastasis.
Products for TGF-β / Smad Signaling
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- GC13890 (±)-Palmitoylcarnitine chloride intermediate in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation
- GC16081 (-)-epicatechin inducer of pancreatic β-cell regeneration
- GC10603 (-)-epicatechin gallate major catechin in green tea
- GC17242 (-)-epigallocatechin green tea epicatechin
- GC14049 (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) Antioxidant, antiangiogenic and antitumor agent
- GC14012 (-)-Indolactam V protein kinase C activator
- GC18062 1,2-Dilauroyl-sn-glycerol
- GC14134 1,2-Dimyristoyl-sn-glycerol
weak activator of PKC
- GC12662 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycerol
- GC12172 1-Naphthyl PP1 Src family kinases inhibitor
- GC41863 10,11-dehydro Curvularin 10,11-dehydro Curvularin is a natural mycotoxin that has cytotoxic activity against select cancer cell lines.
- GN10444 12-O-tetradecanoyl phorbol-13-acetate ERK activator, potent
- GC13927 A 77-01 Potent ALK5 inhibitor
- GC10166 A 83-01 ALK-5 inhibitor
- GC35210 A 83-01 sodium salt
- GC15579 Adaphostin P210bcr/abl tyrosine kinase inhibitor
- GC16475 Afuresertib pan-AKT inhibitor
- GC42747 Afuresertib (hydrochloride) Afuresertib is a selective, orally bioavailable inhibitor of Akt1, 2, and 3 with Ki values of 0.08, 2, and 2.6 nM, respectively.
- GC11050 ALK5 Inhibitor II (hydrochloride) ALK5 inhibitor