nAChRs (nicotinic acetylcholine receptors) are neuron receptor proteins that signal for muscular contraction upon a chemical stimulus. They are cholinergic receptors that form ligand-gated ion channels in the plasma membranes of certain neurons and on the presynaptic and postsynaptic sides of theneuromuscular junction. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are the best-studied of the ionotropic receptors. Like the other type of acetylcholine receptor-the muscarinic acetylcholine receptor (mAChR)-the nAChR is triggered by the binding of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine (ACh). Just as muscarinic receptors are named such because they are also activated by muscarine, nicotinic receptors can be opened not only by acetylcholine but also by nicotine —hence the name "nicotinic".
Products for nAChR
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- GC14410 (±)-Epibatidine nicotinic agonist
- GC34959 (+)-Sparteine
- GC31084 (-)-(S)-B-973B
- GC14157 (-)-Lobeline hydrochloride nicotinic receptor partial agonist
- GC11757 3-Bromocytisine α4β4, α4β2 and α7 nACh receptor agonist
- GC15014 A-867744 Allosteric Modulator
- GC13542 Adiphenine HCl nicotinic receptor inhibitor
- GC30866 Anabasine ((S)-Anabasine)
- GC17695 Aniracetam Nootropic drug for senile dementia
- GC15667 Atracurium Besylate Neuromuscular blocking agent
- GC14339 Benzethonium Chloride Potent inhibitor of nAChRs
- GC12119 CCMI Positive allosteric modulator of α7 neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChR)
- GC16911 CGS 9343B Calmodulin antagonist
- GC43261 Cholesteryl Myristate Cholesteryl myristate is a cholesterol ester.
- GC12226 Cisatracurium Besylate Neuromuscular-blocking drug
- GC31209 Cyclodrine hydrochloride
- GN10126 Cytisine Potent agonist at α3β4 and α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and partial agonist at α4β2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors.
- GC16255 Decamethonium Bromide Nicotinic AChR partial agonist
- GC12593 Desformylflustrabromine hydrochloride Positive allosteric modulator of nicotinic α4β2 receptors
- GC35858 Dianicline